Thursday, May 25, 2006

BPP

What is a Biophysical Profile anyway? I went to see my OB yesterday for my checkup and we have moved my appointments up to weekly now. He mentioned he is going to start doing a Biophysical Profile on me and the baby. He explained he is looking for signs that everything is well inside and that the baby has enough amniotic fluid. As long as he scores an 8 or better than we are going to stay on track for delivering at the end of June. If not, we will discuss. I thought that seems reasonable and he did not act overly concerned. He also did not tell me to change anything so I did not ask anymore questions. I then got to thinking about this and looked it up on the internet. OK...now I am kind of worried. I am making Branden go with me next week because he always thinks clearer and asks pertinent questions that I can't think of during those times. I feel 'him' moving around. He is in the position to deliver, so that is good. I will just have to wait and see. Please say a prayer for us that we are all doing well!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Two posts in one week! Wohoo! So what did it say about the BPP on the inet?

holdenon said...

It really just talks about making sure that the baby is not stressed. That he is getting enough nourishment, enough amniotic fluid, his heart is ok, etc. I just don't think it is standard protocol, so I am curious to know what it is that causes him to do this for this pregnancy.

Stephanie said...

Hey..I'm glad to see you posting some and to hear about all your news!

I'm praying for you and the little one in your belly!

Theresa said...

Maybe he's being extra cautious? If he didn't say anything alarming in the appointment and if your measuring fine and weight is okay then I bet everything is just perfect! Can't wait to meet the little guy...Oh, and post a recent pic of Holden we've haven't seen him since our last visit! Tks, T-Lo