Friday, June 02, 2006

Update on the BPP

Just an update...worried for nothing!!!

Baby #2 (see we still have no name!) is fine. He scored 8/8 on his BPP. Dr. Roberts tells me that he is watching the baby closely because of my borderline gestational diabetes. He wants to make sure that the baby has enough amniotic fluid for him since it is somewhat reduced if you have gestational diabetes. He had plenty of fluid, but my blood sugar was out of control (190- EEEK!) Dr. Roberts wanted to know what I had eaten. Anyway, now I have to basically follow more of a lower carb diet (without sugar, mostly). He tells me that I will have to take some sort of medicine if it is not better next week. Also, the baby is weighing in at a whopping nearly 7#. He is going to really be big if we go full term. Not to mention, he is still in a transverse position. I ask that everyone that reads this will say a prayer for us that this baby 'takes a nose dive' and gets in position for me to deliver him without a C-section. I really don't want a C-section since the healing time is longer and I have a One-Year old to take care of. Obviously I have help, but I really want to be able to heal quicker than the C-Section would allow. All of that being said, I need to log off for today. I sincerely appreciate all prayers!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Consider it done...being a c-section mama myself I pray the little baby gets a movin' Here are a few tips to get em' to movin'. I know they sound silly but my mid-wife sweared by them!

1) Hold a flashlight and/or radio with loud music in your vaginal area. Apparently, they will be drawn to the light and the music, hence requiring them to move and re-position! (I told you they were silly.)

2) Go swimming in about waist high (where you can reach) and dive downward in attempt to do a hand stand.

3) Get on all fours with a pillow under your knees and rock back and forth with your boo-tee in the air. Note...make sure hubby is not in the room for this one :) You get my point!

Now, these did not work for me but I think I started a little too late. I only had two weeks left and delivered a couple days after starting them. :)

Enjoy!!

holdenon said...

Thanks for the info...will check it out!