Monday, June 12, 2006

No More Monkeys...

I think that this really may be the theme of the day around our house. We are preparing for baby 'Barrett' and getting his room ready. In our ingenious thinking, we are going to move Holden to the new "MONKEY" room since it is bigger and give Barrett the baby room that Holden has been sleeping in for the last year...Holden is not so much going for it...screaming is more like it! I think that he likes his room. What to do...? I told my wonderful husband that we shouldn't change him if he doesn't want to change. He wants to try a couple of more days before giving in. We will try naps today. If that doesn't work, one more day and the switch will be off. Both rooms are equally cute, so I am indifferent. We just want Holden to have the bigger room since he is the bigger brother. Wow...he is already making up his mind and he is just 13 months! What lies ahead?

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Awwww, the battle is on already - he doesn't want his lil' brother to have what he has! :) Did you just switch rooms? I would move his bed too (if you haven't already). He may be attached to his bed and not necessarily the room? Just food for thought! Good Luck, can't wait to cyber-meet Barrett! (I see you found a name- cute!)

Robin said...

I agree with Tlo, but I know the new bed probably matches the new room. Maybe just move his bed into the room for a while and then move it back? I know, total pain. But, it just might work.

holdenon said...

giving up...he gets to stay in his room and Barrett gets the new room. He better not complain years down the road that his room is smaller. We will tell him he made that decision at 13 months! Ha

Paulette said...

Hello, He will have so many changes comming and it does affect them at a young age. He is secure in there. He may be to young for a change that big. Good luck. You have a beautiful family.