Tuesday, September 12, 2006

How time flies!

It is now almost 12 weeks since my newest bundle of joy arrived! I can't believe it! I just hope we are closer to 'sleeping through the night'. I am counting down the days as if there is a magic specific day that Barrett will sleep through the night. I think that I feel like once that happens, we can get on with life. I am missing my connection with friends. My husband and I try to be social, but find that we are coming up short because it is mostly just connecting with family and you can't replace a 'best friend'. I am feeling somewhat disconnected from my best friend Robin and am looking forward to the time when I can make more of an effort to see her more often. It especially comes to light when I go out walking in our neighborhood and realize I don't have a friend walking beside me to discuss life's events. Though the downpour of rain distracted me near the end of the walk, I really miss that time together. It was beneficial in more than one way...mostly emotional.It is amazing how much more we can handle if we just have an avenue to discuss, sometimes a spouse, but most of the time a friend. As we moved further apart, I don't want the actual friendship to do the same. Praise to friendships...prayer to help me work harder on maintaining them!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I know how you miss Robin. I miss her and tons of my other friends from Alderbrook SO bad it's tearing me apart. Some days I'm so sad I could just cry - and sometimes I do. But, take care of your family first, because true friends never go away...they just wait in the sidelines until your life opens up with more time again.

Give those babies a some kisses for us and post some pics already! LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, you can't write stuff like this when you know I'm sick! Now, I'm bawling too...Miss you. It'll get better. Promise.

Robin