Sunday, September 18, 2005

Friendship

I guess I am catching up for lost blogs tonight since I have posted 3 in one night! Oh well, Robin got me thinking after reading her blog tonight. I feel truly blessed that she considers me her best friend. That is a title that should not be taken lightly. I got to thinking about the fact that she said that we are different in so many ways, but what she failed to mention is how much alike we are. The fact of the matter is that a friend is a person that genuinely cares about you and your life, which she does. They also are there to offer up advice, even if it is something that you don't want to hear! They cry with you in your sad times, like trying to get pregnant for 6 years and feeling like a failure each month it did not happen! Or cry with you in your happy times, like having your baby and feeling overwhelming joy for you! They laugh at you and with you. A friend prays with you and for you! A friend wants to spend time with you even if you only have 5 minutes to spare. A friend has two sticks of butter when you want to make a cake for someone else...she won't even get to share in the sweet temptation! A friend allows us to talk about subjects that our husbands don't want to hear about! A friend wants us to have a date night with our husband and is willing to watch my child or children so we can have it! A friend tells you how to create a schedule for your new sleeping baby or how much food to feed them. There are so many things that a friend does or just who they are that matter so much more than the differences! It is nice to have differences because it will balance us out! What is also nice is that there may be one person to fill this role or several, but that is what makes having friends great! Robin was right, we probably should all work harder at deepening the friendships we have! Thank you, Robin for filling almost all of these roles and more in my life and to all of my other friends, I thank you too! I love you all!

No comments: